Participation Case Studies, Toolkits and Materials
These Case Studies were produced for 'Participation Works' and reflect good practice in the South West between 2008-10:
- Case Study 1 - Involving young people in recruitment & selection - their experience
- Case Study 2 - An interview with Gloucestershire County Council's Hear by Right Worker
- Case Study 3 - Involving young people with learning disabilities. Click here to read Alice's full report
- Case Study 4 - Influencing decision making at regional level - Jayesh's story
- Case Study 5 - Young People and climate change - conference report
- Case Study 6 - Aiming High for Young People: Making it work - conference report
- Case Study 7 - Participating in European decision making - Report on visit to Brussels (July 2008)
- Case Study 8 - Local Democracy Week - Meet your Councillor
- Case Study 9 - Involving young people as trainers: The Somerset Young Trainers Project
- Case Study 10 - Celebrating young people's achievements
- Case Study 11 - UKYP and the House of Commons - The Transport Debate
- Case Study 12 - Hitch-hikers Guide to European Funding
- Case Study 13 - Somerset becomes the Most Youth Friendly Region in Europe
- Case Study 14 - 'Are We Tackling Bullying in the SW?'
- Case Study 15 - Sounds Positive Project
CWDC Participation Project Materials and Toolkits
These materials and toolkits were produced for the Regional Youth Work Unit as part of the CWDC Participation Project, 2008-10.
The following films were produced in 2009:
- a film on participation that could be used as a training aid to support delivery of the Common Induction Programme (undertaken by Glos CC)
- a film to support practitioners in understanding how the Common Assessment Framework is perceived by young people and how the experience could be improved (undertaken by Devon CC)
To view the Participation films, please click here.
A Young Trainers Toolkit was produced which actively involved young people in training and workforce development (undertaken by Somerset CC).
A good youth worker is...? This film was produced for the Regional Youth Work Unit as part of the CWDC Participation Project in 2009/2010. Young people and youth workers from across the region have contributed their views as to what makes a good youth worker. The film would be useful in introductory training for youth workers, and as a promotional tool to explain youth work to a wider audience. If you would lke a copy of film on a DVD, please contact Jane Shipton at the RYWU.
The Knowledge Management Project (KMP) is an on-line Toolkit which can be used to log issues raised by children and young people and track how these issues are developed into projects and outcomes. It also allows us to see whether a young persons or child’s ideal outcome is met and whether or not it impacts on change within the organisation and where this is. It is an online system which can be viewed and edited by anyone who registers with the project. For further information or help using the Toolkit, you might wish to download a copy of the 'How to Guide'.
Involving Young People in Recruitment & Selection - a Toolkit of activities that can be used to train young people to take part in a recruitment & selection process.
'Making a Difference' Listening to Young Children (Practical tools for involving young children in your work).
Helen Miller (Devon CC) has run a series of successful workshops, and, as a result, has produced a useful web resources document.